Can I apply as a host entrepreneur?
As a host entrepreneur you can participate in the programme if:Â·
- You are a permanent resident in one of the Participating Countries;
- You are the owner-manager of a small or medium enterprise OR a person directly involved in entrepreneurship at SME board level;
- You have been running a company for more than 3 years;
- You are willing to share your knowledge and experience with a new entrepreneur and act as a mentor.
Download the Host Entrepreneur Flyer: host-entrepreneur-flyer
As a host entrepreneur participating in the programme, you will benefit from the exchange by having the opportunity to:
- Work with an energetic and motivated new entrepreneur who can contribute to your business with innovative views, new skills and knowledge;
- Benefit from a “fresh eye” on your business, and specialised knowledge that the new entrepreneur may have and that you do not master;
- Act as a coach or mentor;
- Learn about foreign markets, expand your business opportunities and engage in cross-border activities;
- Interact with entrepreneurs from other Participating Countries and get opportunities to collaborate with them;
- Network and build strong relationships, which can be useful for mutual consulting, business referrals, and for finding business partners abroad;
- Improve your language skills;
- The large majority of most entrepreneurs enjoyed the experience so much that they decided to host other new entrepreneurs afterwards!
Discover the benefits experienced by the host entrepreneurs in the Erasmus success stories.
Activities & responsibilities
As a participant host entrepreneur in the Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs programme, you will be expected to fulfil the following tasks and responsibilities:
- You must ensure the high quality of the learning experience and overall working relationship with your new entrepreneur, who must gain insight to help ensure a viable business start up;
- You are asked to sign a â€œCommitment to Qualityâ€ document, which ensures the smooth working relationship with the new entrepreneur. Among others, it sets out the objectives of the stay and a proposed plan of activities during the stay;
- You will also be asked to fill a feedback form after the exchange.